Bodmin Town Council (hereafter referred to as ‘BTC’ or ‘the Council’) will endeavour to ensure that all information it presents on the Bodmin Town Council Website (hereafter referred to as ‘the Website’ is accurate.
The following points should be noted:
1. The Council makes no guarantee that the information displayed is always correct, up to date or complete. Therefore the Council will not accept any liability for any loss or inconvenience which might be caused by viewing and trusting any data which may be unintentionally incorrect.
2. The Council will also not be liable for loss or inconvenience caused by viewing and trusting information on other external sites accessed by a link from the Website. The provision of information (such as travel data, opening/closing times, prices etc) is the responsibility of the external site management and users act upon such information at their own risk.
3. BTC reserves the right to modify the content and the terms and conditions of use for the Website at any time and without notice.
Downloading / Copying
Users are permitted to:
1. copy web pages and use the text for personal, non-commercial use (all quotations must be attributed to ‘Bodmin Town Council’);
2. download, view and print all available PDF files for personal, non-commercial use.
Users are not permitted to:
1. download or reproduce material and use in a misleading context;
2. copy, save, modify or re-use any photograph or graphic without first contacting the Council and asking for specific written permission;
3. attempt to reconstruct (replicate) the home page of the Website
Creating links to BTC on other sites
You may create a link to BTC on your website under the following conditions:
1. You must not use any associated graphic logo without prior written consent from the Council;
2. Links to BTC existing on other websites do not indicate that the Council endorses any element of that site and claims no association with it. No attempt should be made to suggest that BTC endorses any product or service other than its own;
3. You are not permitted to link to BTC if your site contains any content that may be considered offensive, scandalous, obscene, pornographic, blasphemous or threatening or in any other way conflicting with the Council’s stated Equal Opportunities Policy;
4. The Council will not permit links to / from party political sites.
1. material of a deliberately offensive, scandalous, obscene, pornographic, blasphemous or threatening nature;
2. material transmitted to deliberately introduce technically harmful content including malicious software, computer viruses (Worms, Trojans etc) and corrupted data;
3. Users downloading files from the BTC Website do so at their own risk. The Council will not be liable for any loss or damage which may result from accessing the site, downloading material for from any attempt to alter or modify the Website content;
4. Any user attempt to hack or by other unauthorised means infiltrate the Website or BTC computers and all attempts at fraud will be considered to be a criminal offence. The Council will co-operate fully with any request from the Police to disclose the identity of any persons who might make such an attempt.