The Bodmin Way
A walking, cycling and driving circuit of Bodmin via the 5 churches of the Bodmin Team Ministry
The Bodmin Way provides an opportunity to welcome tourists and pilgrims, and in the process, re-engage local people. The idea centres around a walking, cycling or driving tour that connects each of the team churches and encircles Bodmin.
The tour around the Bodmin Way will attract people in different ways:
· It offers a heritage and historical trail, with the churches presenting the histories of the various villages and town
· It offers a spiritual pilgrimage for the increasing numbers of people attracted to this experience.
· It sits half way along the Saints Way and thus offers an extended version of this popular trail.
· Similarly, it sits along the new Celtic Way, promoted by the Diocese of Truro and will draw its pilgrims.
Whether …you are local or a tourist,you are alone or with family and friends, you see a spiritual dimension to pilgrimage or the health benefits only, you are interested in heritage or enjoy the great outdoors, you are a walker, cyclist, driver or passenger … The Bodmin Way is for you!
Important Diary Dates:-
Launch Dates :
* Saturday May 25 10am – 4pm Cafe Cardinham Woods
* Tuesday May 28 10am – 12pm Carpark Lanivet
* Tuesday May 28 2pm – 4pm Boscarne Junction Camel Trail Bodmin
* Wednesday May 29 1pm – 4pm St Hydroc’s Church Grounds Lanhydrock
* Friday May 31 10am – 12pm M&Co Fore Street Bodmin
* Saturday June 22 1pm – 4pm Folly Fete Bodmin
Guided Walks Dates :
* Friday August 9 Bodmin to Nanstallon 2pm + Tea Garden for afternoon tea
5 miles – Very Easy Return to St Petroc’s between 5.30pm and 6pm
* Tuesday August 13 Lanivet to Lanhydrock 10am + Picnic / cafe for lunch
10 miles – Moderate Return to Parish Church between 4pm and 4.30pm
* Friday August 16 Cardinham to Bodmin 10am + Picnic / pasty
12 miles – Moderate Return to St Meubred’s between 5pm and 5.30pm
* Tuesday August 20 Lanivet to Nanstallon 10am + Picnic / Tea Garden for lunch
5 miles – Easy/Moderate Return to Parish Church between 2pm to 2.30pm
* Thursday August 22 Lanhydrock to Cardinham 10am + Picnic / cafe for lunch
9 Miles – Moderate Return to St Hydroc’s between 3.30pm and 4pm.